Priorities List

You asked which projects should rank highest in our immediate efforts. The first two are co-equal. All three are more vital than my other whims, though as you may have gathered, I can’t entirely control what I work on from day to day. Yours should be the whip hand. I do need encouragement across the board, however. Like every other writer, I thrive on approval and insight about any perceived highlights or innovations even in the small stuff. I really don’t get a lot of that, even from people who routinely offer words like “brilliant,” “overwhelming,” “hilarious,” and “❤️” as their feedback. Why??? Must be the creeping Old Lady in me at this point. I’m living in a very small world at the moment: a declining home/computer infrastructure, cats and wife who can’t be herded, and extremely limited physical mobility. But flatter me only if you mean it. If I’m really still not doing new things or the old things as well as before, I need to hear that too.

1. Book Publishing Tranche 1, in the order you proposed:


“Annual Reports” is very close. I’m confident of the content. We still need to figure out the process by which we get a manuscript into shareable, editable form, so that minor intros, video workarounds, and other necessary adaptations for official publication are easily managed between us. Formats are tricky in respect to particulars, as you know.. 

2. The Website

Link to originating post here.

May includes some of the smaller Internet-intensive stuff I tell you about along the way. That’s new material to keep the website presentation dynamic and diverse.

3. Book Publishing, Tranche 2 (order negotiable and content-accessibility dependent)



Hope this is helpful. Comments for this site are notified on a unique admin page by date, as well as included in the post where they were made. The default location for a comment should therefore the newest post, so that I have a first place to check whether I’ve heard from you or not. Details or back and forth discussions regarding a single post are, however, probably more ultimately useful at the subject post. Your call. I will always be given the beginning of a comment on my admin notif. page. Hope that’s not too confusing. I STILL haven’t figured out how to reliably initiate an email to you at Johnnydodge440. And they don’t consistently notify me when Rootlake sends an email. Wit’s end. 

4. Your reaction to my proposal to make you the formal heir of my literary estate and the executor of its financial proceeds, including me while I’m still alive.

5. Whatever else maintains YOUR level of interest.

6. Don’t feel you have to report progress to check in. It’s lonely here. I like hearing from you.










Comments

  1. It's Sunday afternoon, and I finally have time to come back around to this. For efficiency's sake, I'll go right to your items:
    Publishing Tranche 1, message received, I'll go at it. This takes the form of directing the 'agents' and coding tools I have at the materials and making requests while checking the code on the back end. Of course, when the first draft is ready, I will sit and give the proposed book a full read through as a human, no robot AI filters. Where we need to get good at communicating is the expression of your edits and directives with me as the middle man. If we can get that rhythm down, we can proceed very efficiently, I think.
    2 and 3 are much the same, and I can get any number of projects as spinning plates going, returning to them when I next have time.
    Regarding time, my school year will burn hot and bright initially for the next few weeks -- classes, orientation, VB team + cuts (always painful but necessary), new advisees, and my various AI projects for the school. So my best analogy for myself as an astro guy is orbiting planets. Your planets and its many moons comes around into my mind every few days, and when I am there at my computer (like now) with a chunk of time, I go at it. So I think I need to develop a working do-list with every item we can think of and just go after it every time that I can, pre-organized.
    If I made that into a shared Google Doc that we can both edit, could that work for you? Rather than this comment system or long email threads with PAUSES, we can simply asynchronously edit it, comment on it, etc.
    In fact, I just paused writing this comment to work on that doc, and now I've put it as the link to this comment (and here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKnMeCUZfCQtZA2gXUIJnYgA-bneP6V3GiZ3mpxaRM4/edit?usp=sharing )
    My reaction to being named your heir is... overwhelming to think about. I feel highly honored, unequal to potential responsibilities, willing to take the mantle but concerned in advance that I would fail at it and let you down. This isn't a lack of confidence, I just have no experience with being an executor and caretaker. But above all this rambling, it's a great honor and nothing I ever would have expected. Thank you.
    And for progress check, I am back, on the computer more often but also doing many projects. Spinning plates, spinning planets, yours comes around hopefully every few days but maybe not this week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OKnMeCUZfCQtZA2gXUIJnYgA-bneP6V3GiZ3mpxaRM4/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your Quick Response: